Do You Have Low Testosterone?
Testosterone is sneaky. When it’s low, it isn’t always apparent. As the levels in your body naturally decline, you will notice symptoms slowly popping up. Often these symptoms are diagnosed as something else, but are in fact from low testosterone. Some of the symptoms can include:
- A low sex drive
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Tiredness or a low energy level
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Depression or anxiety
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, talk to someone about having your testosterone levels checked. For some men, none of these symptoms are present.
How is Testosterone Replacement Therapy Done?
There are multiple ways to have testosterone replacement therapy performed. A professional from New Vitality can let you know the best replacement therapy for you based on your age, level of low testosterone, etc. Some common ways testosterone is replaced include:
- Transdermal Patches – These patches are worn on your arm / upper body. They’re reapplied once a day and the hormone is slowly released into the bloodstream
- Gel – This gel comes in packets of clear liquid. It is absorbed directly into your skin when you apply the gel. You’ll apply it once a day. Also, there is a pump form that distributes the right amount of gel each day. It is important to wash your hands thoroughly after this kind of testosterone application.
- Mouth Patch – This tablet is taken twice a day. It is placed between the upper gums and in front of your teeth. It releases testosterone into your blood through your oral tissues.
- Injection or Implant – If other methods aren’t applicable, the injection method is next. This is when testosterone is directly injected into the body via your muscles. Your body will slowly absorb the testosterone.
Oral testosterone is available, but rarely used. It has been shown to cause liver issues in some adults; therefore, it is only used when other methods have not been successful.
Why Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
Most men have reported an increase in their sex drive, improvement in their mood, and even more energy after going through testosterone replacement therapy. It doesn’t work on everyone and some men only report a small improvement.
If you are considering testosterone replacement therapy, set up time to meet with a professional from New Vitality today. We can tell you if you are a candidate for the treatment, what to expect, and help get you started.