Age Management Medicine refers to a proactive, preventative approach to healthcare that is focused on preservation of optimum human function and quality of life making every effort to modulate the process of aging prior to the onset of degenerative aging. New Vitality Medical Institute’s age-management program is based on established protocols, natural bioidentical hormones, nutritional supplements, and proper diet and exercise.
We perform a comprehensive evaluation of every patient that consists of a thorough medical history, physical exam, and extensive lab testing. The initial lab testing that is done consists of more than 80 blood tests, which includes hormones, lipid (cholesterol) profile, sugar levels, organ function, blood counts, markers of inflammation, and specific vitamin levels.The hormones that we assess for men at their initial evaluation include insulin, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone, free testosterone, total testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, DHEA, three types of thyroid hormones, and IGF-1.
With the aging process, hormone levels decrease naturally. As these levels decline, problems with health maintenance arise. The good news is that hormone losses and imbalances are correctable and in most cases reversible. Men that are on our Age-Management program can not only be relieved of their symptoms, but also help to effectively protect themselves against many diseases including depression, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and Coronary Artery Disease (which can lead to strokes and heart attacks).
Our Comprehensive Age-Management programs includes the following:
• Assessment of your medical history and lifestyle
• Individualized Treatment plans
• Comprehensive Lab Testing
• Physical examination
• Hormone Optimization
• Concierge access to support network
• Expertise of Medical Providers with advanced training in Age-Management & Integrated/Preventive Medicine
• Disease Risk Management
• Quality Bioidentical hormones prepared by compounding pharmacy
• Highest grade nutritional supplements
• Fitness Programs
• Nutritional Plans customized for you by Naturopathic Doctor
• Cutting-edge testing to predict Cardiovascular disease risk and Cancer risk
Testosterone is the most important androgen (male hormone) in men. What many people do not know is that testosterone production in men has decreased significantly since the 1920s. Men simply are becoming for feminized than they once were.
What are the reasons for this recent decline? No one can say for sure, but studies indicate that the average man’s testosterone is 25% lower than in the 1980s.
The escalating amount of chemicals being released in the environment is thought to be part of the problem, as these toxins are disrupting the endocrine system. Endocrine Disruptors such as phthalates, BPA, and dioxins, pose a threat to men’s health as they interfere with testosterone production.
Optimal Testosterone levels can offer the following health benefits:
• Better memory
• Increased Energy and Stamina
• Increased Lean Muscle Mass
• Less belly fat
• Increased Sex Drive
• Greater sense of well being
• Lowered risk of Disease
• Improved Sleep
• Improved Skin Elasticity
Key points on testosterone therapy from Dr. Abraham Morgentaler, leading testosterone expert and Urologist from Harvard Medical School.
• Many people have long believed that levels decline as a natural consequence of advancing age, and that therefore there is nothing we can or should do about it…That’s like telling a middle-aged person that since vision typically deteriorates with age, there’s no point in prescribing glasses—or that we shouldn’t treat atherosclerosis to prevent heart attacks, because it too is an age-related phenomenon. It just doesn’t make sense!
• Millions of men needlessly suffer from low sex drive, loss of energy, and diminished enthusiasm for life—because of low levels of the male hormone testosterone.
• Testosterone is more than a ‘male sex hormone.’ It is an important contributor to the robust metabolic functioning of multiple bodily systems. Testosterone stimulates and maintains muscle and bone growth, for example—many men don’t realize that low T puts them at increased risk for osteoporosis with advancing age. It also stimulates red blood cell production, helping to prevent anemia. Testosterone levels are reduced in type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome; therapy with testosterone in these conditions can reduce LDL cholesterol, blood sugar, glycated hemoglobin, and insulin resistance.
• Men with low T die earlier than those with normal T. That alone is ample reason to take notice.
• Over the last decade, Dr. Morgentaler, through extensive research and published studies, has busted the testosterone replacement-prostate cancer myth- and has even provided evidence that it is safe for men at high risk for cancer
For more information you can read Dr. Morgnateler’s book “Testosterone for Life”
Proper nutrition incorporates sound principles and food combinations that improve metabolism and weight loss. We focus on balanced nutrition with an understanding that there are individual variations in determining the most optimal dietary approach for each person.
Our Naturopathic Doctors will counsel you on nutrition during your initial evaluation. They will also be available to answer nutritional questions you may have in the future. We also offer a wide variety of specialty nutrition testing to optimize your health, including tests that assess: Food & Environmental Allergies, gluten sensitivities, candida, parasites, bacteria, and vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
There is a direct link between poor dietary habits and many of the leading causes of death in this country such as heart disease, type II diabetes, and cancer. The average American diet is overloaded with
· saturated fats
· refined flour
· artificial colors
· artificial flavors and sweeteners
· antibiotic and pesticide residues
and many other substances that are toxic to the body. Over time, a diet full of chemicals and empty calories leads to decreased health and, ultimately, illness. Getting rid of foreign chemicals and adding nutrient dense foods into the diet are integral for those seeking optimal health.
The body’s immune system is miraculous. When given the proper nutrients, it can ward off colds, bacteria, viruses, and even cancer without you being aware that anything is wrong. By consistently eating a diet high in phyto-nutrients (plant nutrients), essential fats, lean protein, and fiber, we can provide our body with all the tools it needs to fight off foreign invaders, repair tissues, and maintain a general state of good health.
Taking optimal amounts of nutritional supplements is a foundation of any comprehensive age-management program. You just cannot get enough of these nutrients from a normal diet for optimum health.Because natural foods, including fruits and vegetables, are depleted in vitamins and minerals, we also need to supplement our basic micro and macro-nutrients.
Nutraceutical suggestions will be individualized for you based on your lab results, medical history, and health goals.
An integral component of New Vitality Medical Institute’s Age Management program is regular consultations with our Naturopathic Doctors. These consultations will be focused on nutrition, whole body healing, lifestyle counseling, and restoring balance to the body.
Naturopathic Doctors believe that the body should be treated as a whole. After all, every organ, extremity, even hair is connected to a tissue, which is part of the same body. Our ND’s work alongside our medical providers in order to give the patient a more comprehensive, cutting-edge approach to optimal health.
Impotence, or erectile dysfunction (ED), may result from the total inability to achieve erection, an inconsistent ability to achieve an erection, or the ability to only sustain a brief erection. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), up to 30 million men are affected by ED, depending on the definition used.
Although in the past it was commonly believed to be due to psychological problems, it is now known that for most men erectile dysfunction is caused by physical problems, usually related to the blood supply of the penis. Many advances have occurred in both diagnosis and treatment of ED.
If you are suffering from ED, we are here to help! We understand that living a happier and healthier life involves intimacy and being able to perform at your up most potential.
At New Vitality Medical Institute, we offer many different treatment options for men with ED:
- Hormone testing and optimization
- Bimix or Trimix Injectable
- Viagra or Cialis
- PRP (Platelet-Rich-Plasma) Penile injection
The first step is for our physicians to go over your medical history and symptoms. They will explain all of the options to you and customize a treatment plan for you.
IV nutrient therapy is uses safe and healthy doses of a variety of vitamins including Vitamin B and C, that are administered intravenously (tailored to your individual needs).
Among anti-aging benefits and immune support, IV vitamin therapy can positively impact a wide variety of health conditions and illnesses.
In addition to our specialty compounds, we will customize your dose based on your specific vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
What is the E-Shot?
The E-Shot is designed to deliver lasting improvements in sexual performance to men.
The E-Shot Procedure begins with a quick and easy blood draw. Then, using a proprietary technique, the growth factors are extracted from your blood and concentrated into the Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). PRP is then injected into areas of the penis that are most important for the sexual response. These areas are numbed with a local anesthetic cream before injection, yielding little or no discomfort during the procedure.
How does the E-Shot work?
Platelet Rich Plasma contains many growth factors and healing factors. PRP has regenerative abilities and thus stimulates healing and rejuvenation. The resulting benefits typically include tissue growth that increases growth of new blood vessels and improved circulation within the penis, stronger erections, increased sensation and pleasure and enhanced sexual performance. Some men report changes in girth and length of the penis. Many of these benefits are experienced immediately after receiving the injection. And, because the treatment uses the patient’s own blood derived plasma, it is non-allergenic and free of harmful side effects.
What will the E-Shot do for you?
Although each man’s experience varies, most men report these benefits following the procedure:
- Increases firmness of erection
- Increases blood flow and circulation
- Enhanced appearance and size
- Improved sexual capabilities
- Increases sexual stamina
- Increases sensation and pleasure
What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelets are cells in our body that are integral to the natural tissue and wound healing process. They are filled with many growth factors, proteins, and activating substances and are used as a potent therapeutic substance in medicine because they are so rich in tissue healing and stimulating factors, when concentrated. In fact, concentrated platelet preparations have successfully been used in other areas of medicine for years. In recent years, it has been proven that platelet rich plasma (PRP) stimulates hair growth. The growth factors in PRP stimulate the base of the hair follicle where stem cells are located and begin to grow newer, longer and thicker hair.
What is ACell?
ACell’s MatriStem technology (an FDA approved medical device) works at the cellular level to repair and remodel damaged tissues. ACell has a broad range of uses in surgical procedures, and is a naturally occurring matrix of proteins found in tissue layers. When ACell is placed into a surgical site or wound, it is resorbed, stimulating adult stem cells in the damaged tissues. This process will regenerate dormant follicular tissues, thereby producing improved quality in hair growth.
How does it work?
At New Vitality, we combine ACell with your PRP then the combined solution is injected in to your the scalp in the thinning areas. The combination of ACell with PRP has proven to yield better results than the sole use of PRP.
Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy is the perfect solution for those who are experiencing thinning hair. The process is simple, natural and does not require surgery. The procedure begins with acquiring a blood sample from the patient. Once the blood sample has been acquired, local anesthetic is applied to the scalp. Once the patient has become numb, the injections are administered. The process is fairly quick with an approximate duration of 90 minutes. Patients are able to return to work immediately.
- Cost Effective:PRP with ACell treatment is a cost effective procedure that does not require a surgical procedure.
- Convenient:The PRP with ACell treatment is quick and non-invasive! It is a 90-minute, in-office procedure. This allows you the ability to resume daily activities immediately, there is no sedation required for the procedure.
- Safe:The platelets are harvested from your own blood, so there is little to no risk of an adverse reaction. This is an all-natural procedure. It requires no sedation, no surgery, and there is no scarring.
- All-Natural: Your own body’s platelets are used for this procedure, allowing you to reverse hair loss naturally, with no surgery or medications.
- Significant Results: PRP with ACell Therapy can significantly decrease hair loss, enhance volume, and improve hair quality.
How would I know if I qualify?
- If you are currently suffering from hair thinning.
- If you would like an alternative to combat hair loss without undergoing surgery.
- If you desire a thicker texture of hair
- If you are experiencing Male or Female pattern-hair loss
Do you show these 3 signs of Aging?
- Skin color becomes more hyper- pigmented
- Facial Shape becomes collapsed and droopy as muscle and collagen decrease.
- Skin texture becomes less smooth. As a result, the person looks “worn”, or “tired” or “droopy.”
If you want to look younger, you may have considered options like traditional facelifts, Botox®, Juvederm®, etc.
These options have been around for quite some time, but each has their drawbacks…
Now, through the PRP Liquid Facial, you have an all-natural option to provide a youthful-boost to your appearance, without having to go “under the knife”.
The PRP Facial has been made famous due to the exposure given the procedure by Reality TV Star Kim Kardashian.
The Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), which contains several growth factors, is applied to the skin to promote skin regeneration. The PRP re-energizes cells and boosts collagen production. The PRP is first applied topically to the skin. We then use a Micro-Needling Pen on the skin, which contain tiny needles that are used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to promote collagen and elastin growth and also allow an entrance of the PRP into the skin.